Sign in to follow this  
TheVans

EB4 Petition

For those of you who are interested - I would like to make you part of our journey and maybe it helps someone else in the future as I found there is limited information for South Africans petitioning with the i-360 form.

Just an update on our i-360 petition in the EB4 category at USCIS.

The priority date for our application is 15 September 2017 and we only expected a response around mid-December. So it happened that on day 54 of our application we received an RFE. We would have been stoked to have received an approval notice instead but we are grateful that our application is being processed a month earlier than we expected. My employer, who is the petitioner, is now waiting to receive the RFE so that we can see exactly what they are requesting. I will update you on the RFE. We are consulting the immigration lawyers again on this so that we can be sure we are sending everything USCIS needs.

Here are also a few updates on our local documentation applications:

1. Unabridged Birth Certificates (R75 per application )

Applied on: 1 Nov 2017

Received on: 08 Nov 2017 (we are still waiting for my wife's certificate)

2. Police Clearance (R114 per application)

Applied on: 06 Nov 2017

Received on: -

3. Unabridged Marriage Certificate (R75 per application) (We have reapplied as they issued us previously with an abridged certificate instead of an unabridged version.)

Applied on: 09 Nov 2017

Received on: -

4. North-West University Graduation Certificate (R200)

Applied on: 02 Nov 2017

Received on: 08 Nov 2017

Hope everyone has a great day!

• Like 2

Good luck with the rest of the process and thanks for sharing your experiences, it will help someone along the line.

Application Update:

We sent the response to our RFE on 11 December 2017. 

Our petition was approved on 2 March 2018. 

The i-797 document will now be sent to NVC for further processing.

Can anyone please provide some advice:

1. My wife's unabridged certificate is still outstanding after we applied on 1 November 2017.

2. Our unabridged marriage certificate is also still outstanding since 9 November 2017.

Is there someone you can recommend whom we should considering contacting?

Thanks in advance!

1 hour ago, TheVans said:

Application Update:

We sent the response to our RFE on 11 December 2017. 

Our petition was approved on 2 March 2018. 

The i-797 document will now be sent to NVC for further processing.

Can anyone please provide some advice:

1. My wife's unabridged certificate is still outstanding after we applied on 1 November 2017.

2. Our unabridged marriage certificate is also still outstanding since 9 November 2017.

Is there someone you can recommend whom we should considering contacting?

Thanks in advance!

It’s been a while since I was there, but what I found was (1) contacting the office of the regional director of Home Affairs helped (I’d suggest the minister too which I did at the time, but I think the current minister is ....um....a bit preoccupied with other matters) - we did that when we needed the unabridged birth certificates of our kids, which was before our immigrant visas for something else or (2) the head office call center in Pretoria, which we used a couple of times during the actual immigrant visa process for the same things you need, and found surprisingly helpful. Incidentally in one of those cases (calling head office) we found that the certificate in question had been produced quite speedily but we never got a notification from the local office that it was ready, and even when we went to pick it up she said no notice so it wasn’t there.. I made her look anyway and to her obvious surprise, there it was!

19 minutes ago, SJ272 said:

Incidentally in one of those cases (calling head office) we found that the certificate in question had been produced quite speedily but we never got a notification from the local office that it was ready, and even when we went to pick it up she said no notice so it wasn’t there.. I made her look anyway and to her obvious surprise, there it was!

I think this happens more often than you would expect.

After we were drawn in 2010 we applied for our certificate ages in advance to avoid any issues. It took 2-3 months to get my wife’s birth certificate (I already had mine years earlier). We figured we’d just go and pick it up and then wait for our Marriage Certificate to come through some months later. When the lady went to fetch my wife’s birth certificate she came back and asked if we had any other certificates outstanding, because she had just seen a Marriage Certificate with my wife’s name when she was looking in the filing cabinet! LOL!