Sign in to follow this  
DesignGuy

Hi Everyone , just starting out this journey.

That 100k is a package deal with an agent called Pathway USA they have a questionaire on their site www.pathwayusa.co.za. It's apparently a husband and wife team that work out of Charlotte NC. That's for standard emigration, not a DV.

1 minute ago, DesignGuy said:

That 100k is a package deal with an agent called Pathway USA they have a questionaire on their site www.pathwayusa.co.za. It's apparently a husband and wife team that work out of Charlotte NC. That's for standard emigration, not a DV.

And what do they do that you can’t do yourself? What do they actually charge for?

They can’t  manufacture a visa for you...it won’t change your options.

Edited by SJ272
  • Like 1

Oh I looked briefly at the site. One of those that tries to make you think you need someone to make sure you have all the stuff you need.

between the official USCIS /state.gov pages on immigration and the (free) guides on sites like visajourney, again unless you have some kind of complication I honestly believe guys like this just take your money for telling you exactly what you can find out for free. They even say they’re not attorneys! So if you need legal assistance all they’ll do is refer you to someone else.

• Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, SJ272 said:

And what do they do that you can’t do yourself? What do they actually charge for?

They can’t  manufacture a visa for you...it won’t change your options.

I do agree with you, I feel that all the "services offered" would be the normal procedure that any person would follow even when moving to a new location within their own country.

11 minutes ago, adventurer1 said:

While living in CA, you can visit US on your B1/B2 visa. 

Curious, is there no exception for Canadian PRs (like you don’t need a visa for Canada if you have a green card?)

3 minutes ago, DesignGuy said:

I've just quickly checked out the website.

It is done by a South African / Irish Couple

it DOES seem that its more a RELOCATION service than an actually Immigration service

i think they help people in the process off legal immigration(who is immigrating or relocating ''already'')- they can't help you TOO immigrate.

if this makes sense

1 minute ago, SJ272 said:

Curious, is there no exception for Canadian PRs (like you don’t need a visa for Canada if you have a green card?)

Don't know if Canadian PR's would need visa's to visit US, but I do know US PR's don't need visas to visit CA

"Residents (PR) of Canada who are landed immigrants need a passport and visa to enter the United States, unless they are a citizen of a country eligible for the VisaWaiver Program (VWP). If they are a citizen of a country eligible for the VWP, they are only required to have their valid passport - coming by land or sea"

Quick search 

Edited by adventurer1
reference

1 minute ago, adventurer1 said:

I've just quickly checked out the website.

It is done by a South African / Irish Couple

it DOES seem that its more a RELOCATION service than an actually Immigration service

i think they help people in the process off legal immigration(who is immigrating or relocating ''already'')- they can't help you TOO immigrate.

if this makes sense

Yeah from what I can tell they refer you to "their" immigration lawyer to handle the paperwork and they only really help you once that's done and you are State side.

It's a lot of money for things as you said can be done by yourself.

"Be over 18 years of age. Provide proof that you know how to speak and write in 1 of Canada's official languages (either English or French) Be a Permanent Resident (PR) Have lived in Canada as a PR for at least 3 years out of the 5 years before you apply"

quick search

Edited by adventurer1
reference
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, DesignGuy said:

Yeah from what I can tell they refer you to "their" immigration lawyer to handle the paperwork and they only really help you once that's done and you are State side.

It's a lot of money for things as you said can be done by yourself.

yes indeed. They are RELOCATION agents. 

A lot of companies make use off relocation agents/ services, to help setup their Expats.

but when you as an individual immigrates or relocate, these services are super expensive. 

they will not be able to help you to legally immigrate. They can only assist in the acquiring off the paperwork (documents etc), relocation services, accommodation search, schools, DMV etc

all things , as SJ stated, that you can do yourself. Unless you have the money to splash around and don't have the time to invest ;)

• Like 1

I have considered Canada before but I have no clue as to the whole procedure. As for the VWP, I am fortunate that both my wife and I are dual citizens SA/UK, I just need to renew my british passport.

1 hour ago, DesignGuy said:

I have considered Canada before but I have no clue as to the whole procedure. As for the VWP, I am fortunate that both my wife and I are dual citizens SA/UK, I just need to renew my british passport.

here's a link to the Canadian Visa process.

http://onlineservices-servicesenligne.cic.gc.ca/eapp/eapp.do

Depending on your personal info etc, you might be able to do an express process which takes just a couple off months, rather than 20-24 months. 

as well as a link to the SA Canada Forum just like this one

http://www.sacanada.org/

(Hendie is the same Host for both)- join this forum too, I do expect it to be as helpful as this one

The timeline and process to CA will be much easier and quicker- in my opinion. And as SJ said, while you live there you can continue the F4 process, as well a continue the DV lottery entries (if the lottery continues- many many roomers, but no confirmation)

I would start with renewing the UK passports.

having a British passport might even speed up the process and help you skip some steps  and some ''costs'' (like the English Language tests) {sorry just checked - for Express Entry you still need to do the tests- }

Get all your Legal Documents (Birth Cert, Marriage Cert etc)- which you probably have all since you have UK passport? 

If you have ever lived in the UK (or any other country except SA since age 18 (for Canada, 16 for US) you will have to apply for PCC's (Police Clearance Certificates)from each country you lived in as well as for SA. These are usually valid for 12 months, but some Countries state that they only accept it within 6 months.- just to keep in mind

Edited by adventurer1
reference
  • Thanks 1

Thanks so much for all the advice and the friendly greetings, this is a fantastic forum. I will make sure I go look into Canada and still try the family visa as well as the DV.

• Thanks 1

On 4/4/2018 at 5:15 AM, adventurer1 said:

[at]DesignGuy

Welcome to the forum. 

your other 'option' would be to immigrate to Canada- Vancouver side. Then you can start a life there. You will be close (across border) from your sister. 

A very good option. I've been to Vancouver and it seems like a great city sporting the second largest Chinese/Asian population outside of China/Asia - San Francisco being the largest.

You will find some familiar South African/British goodies there, like Castle beer, Marmite and Smarties. There is also a large importer of South African groceries in Vancouver.

The climate is typical of the Northwest and a lot like Seattle where your sister lives.

And, don't let a bit of rain and snow discourage you. That is nothing compared to conditions that (apparently) lie ahead for South Africa.

Good luck!