Shamus

DV-2019

Hi all,

Can't explain how relieved I am to have found this site. Felt so "alone and lost" with all my unanswered questions :D

My family and I have "been selected for further processing" for the DV 2019 lottery (second time lucky), with case number 25xxx. I completed all our DS260 forms on the website successfully. On 31 December I received a mail from the KCC requesting some documentation. I've managed to get all the documentation, except for the police clearance certificate (PCC), which I have applied for. My concern is that the police station where I applied (Wynberg police station, Cape Town) told me that it takes a minimum of 8 weeks. I read some discussions on this website where people advise to rather use a courier service as it goes quicker, however, this is not allowed anymore (I saw a notice at the station communicating this).

Where I'm hoping for some advice is - do I (a) wait for my PCC to arrive before sending anything to the KCC; or (b) send the KCC all other documentation and some form of proof that I've applied for my PCC? 

I hope someone can shed some light based on their experience.

Thanks!

The sending things to kcc is new this year. I’d suggest you send the other documents with a note that you’re still waiting for the PCC and send it along when it arrives.

On 1/22/2019 at 8:57 AM, Kallas said:

Hi all,

Can't explain how relieved I am to have found this site. Felt so "alone and lost" with all my unanswered questions :D

My family and I have "been selected for further processing" for the DV 2019 lottery (second time lucky), with case number 25xxx. I completed all our DS260 forms on the website successfully. On 31 December I received a mail from the KCC requesting some documentation. I've managed to get all the documentation, except for the police clearance certificate (PCC), which I have applied for. My concern is that the police station where I applied (Wynberg police station, Cape Town) told me that it takes a minimum of 8 weeks. I read some discussions on this website where people advise to rather use a courier service as it goes quicker, however, this is not allowed anymore (I saw a notice at the station communicating this).

Where I'm hoping for some advice is - do I (a) wait for my PCC to arrive before sending anything to the KCC; or (b) send the KCC all other documentation and some form of proof that I've applied for my PCC? 

I hope someone can shed some light based on their experience.

Thanks!

Welcome.  This is a very exciting time.  Whattsapp Michelle of Team Visas and Travel.  If she is still allowed she can get it out quicker.  Do not call her as she spends her time in consulates etc and unable to take calls.  0763756931