Sign in to follow this  
JumpingJasonFlash

One last step!

11 hours ago, SJ272 said:

HUGE CONGRATULATIONS!!!!!!!! 

Thanks, SJ!

I know you only have a few months before applying yourself. The good news is that the whole process only took a little over 4 months for us, even though the estimated wait time was 9-12 months at our field office.

I’m eligible to file my application next week!!! 

i would be thrilled if it only takes 4 months, but from another forum which has a thread for local filers, it has unfortunately been taking around a year here.

13 hours ago, SJ272 said:

I’m eligible to file my application next week!!! 

i would be thrilled if it only takes 4 months, but from another forum which has a thread for local filers, it has unfortunately been taking around a year here.

OMG! So excited for you! I thought you were only due in Dec, but I totally forgot about the 90 day rule, which, i’m assuming you are taking full advantage of!

Either way, I hope it goes quickly for you! I have a feeling that it will, as I suspect that the reason that so many applications take longer (which also skews most field office estimates) is that their paths to citizenship are quite often much more complicated and convoluted  than ours, with more errors, more delays, more corrections, and higher chances of administrative reviews and appeals etc.

2 hours ago, JumpingJasonFlash said:

OMG! So excited for you! I thought you were only due in Dec, but I totally forgot about the 90 day rule, which, i’m assuming you are taking full advantage of!

Either way, I hope it goes quickly for you! I have a feeling that it will, as I suspect that the reason that so many applications take longer (which also skews most field office estimates) is that their paths to citizenship are quite often much more complicated and convoluted  than ours, with more errors, more delays, more corrections, and higher chances of administrative reviews and appeals etc.

I didn’t even think about the fact that different applications might just take longer to process. I hope you’re right!

question, did you file N400 online, and if so did you “frontload” with tax transcripts etc or did all those wait till the interview?

Congratulations JumpingJasonFlash! We also received our citizenship on Friday, such a great day!

SJ27  We could not file 90 days before hand on the online N400, it would not allow us to so I just ended up going the paper route so I could file the 90 days ahead. Maybe they have fixed that now, you could try and see. We did not need the tax transcripts at all during the process. We also only took 4 months for the whole process, and our field office said 6 -12 months.

47 minutes ago, RubyShoes said:

Congratulations JumpingJasonFlash! We also received our citizenship on Friday, such a great day!

SJ27  We could not file 90 days before hand on the online N400, it would not allow us to so I just ended up going the paper route so I could file the 90 days ahead. Maybe they have fixed that now, you could try and see. We did not need the tax transcripts at all during the process. We also only took 4 months for the whole process, and our field office said 6 -12 months.

I’ve seem a number of people filing online 90 days before so I think it’s fixed. I know it doesn’t allow you to start the process if you are not exactly within that 90 days.... but I’ll come back and report by the end of this week what happened :) 

our FO says 12-15 months :(

Congrats on your citizenship too!!

Edited by SJ272
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, RubyShoes said:

OMG! What are the chances!?! Congratulations, RubyShoes! 🎉🎊🎈🇺🇸

This will now forever be our citizenship day song!

https://youtu.be/Gs069dndIYk

Hahaha, love the song! Crazy that we became citizens on the same day! 

3 hours ago, SJ272 said:

I didn’t even think about the fact that different applications might just take longer to process. I hope you’re right!

question, did you file N400 online, and if so did you “frontload” with tax transcripts etc or did all those wait till the interview?

Yes, I filed online. Didn’t frontload withtax transcripts or anything other than the requested docs, which were birth and marriage certificates, green card etc.

The interview notification requests that you take along the originals of these documents, plus any passports you have used to enter the US during the last 5 years, if I remember correctly.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, RubyShoes said:

Hahaha, love the song! Crazy that we became citizens on the same day! 

I know right? Now we will always... “remember the 21st night of September”! Hahahaha!

It’s like the ultimate dad joke!

Edited by JumpingJasonFlash
  • Like 1

On 9/22/2018 at 10:06 AM, JumpingJasonFlash said:

We did it! We took our oaths yesterday morning in a truly wonderful ceremony with some truly wonderful fellow Americans!

Listening to all the incredible and moving stories shared by our fellow freshly minted citizens, friends, and families, really drove home just how fortunate we are. Especially, those of us lucky enough to have DV Visas!

Our journey from first letter of  notification to citizenship was a little over 7 years in total, while others in our group spoke of up to 25 years, with tales of deportation, strife, and life’s many tragedies in between! Can you even imagine a quarter of a century journey to citizenship!?! Our group spanned the global, from Iran, Pakistan, and Macedonia, to Vietnam, South Korea, Singapore, Germany, UK, Liberia, Morocco, and more! Complete strangers welcomed us as family, and others remembered departed friends, family, and servicemen who had fallen along the way serving the country we now call home. Even an old cynic, like myself, was rather moved by the experience.

Thanks again to all on this forum who have shared in this journey and adventure with us, and I look forward to hearing more of your own journeys and helping out where and when I can.

Congrats, must be an awesome feeling