Sign in to follow this  
OP1985

COVID-19 & DV LOTTERY 2021 OUTCOME

Good day Ladies and Gents. Trust all is well. I`ve been trying to hold off on asking this question because I`m not sure If I am mentally prepared for the answer. But how will COVID 19 impact the outcome for DV LOTTERY 2021 results in May?

I’m one of the few who has no patience for watching videos on the internet so I don’t know what britsimon says in that one. I would assume the draw would go ahead as normal, but processing of visas will depend on the status of embassies (and USCIS offices for those in the US). To be honest, if everything is still shut down by the time FY DV2021 actually begins in October, I think we will all have much bigger things to be worrying about.

19 minutes ago, SJ272 said:

I’m one of the few who has no patience for watching videos on the internet so I don’t know what britsimon says in that one. I would assume the draw would go ahead as normal, but processing of visas will depend on the status of embassies (and USCIS offices for those in the US). To be honest, if everything is still shut down by the time FY DV2021 actually begins in October, I think we will all have much bigger things to be worrying about.

Agreed.  The lottery drawing, and access to your results are both virtual anyhow, so there would likely be no reason why the results could not be available online as planned.  The visa appointments only start in October this year - and can continue until September 2021. As SJ272 says, if we are still in the same situation now, in a year's time, we have bigger problems! 

The people who are more concerned are those who were drawn, and who are waiting their immigration visa appointment now - and which MUST be done by September THIS year - but even then, that is 6 months still, when visas can be issued. 

Even worse is the exchange rate to the dollar   1 dollar = ZAR 17.84