Sign in to follow this  
oscar

Diversity Visa 2021 Results

So, the hopefuls will have to wait another week.  Results were not due to be released today (01 May), but next Tuesday, 05 May.  At least these days they can do an instant check online and know. 

In the days I entered, you were notified by snail mail - and with the SA Post Office.....I wonder how many notifications went astray.  Fortunately mine did not.

• Like 1

The results have been extended by a month. to June 6, 2020 

When i was selected by snail mail I almost threw the letter in the trash thinking it was junk mail.

DV 2021 Results now available:

https://dvprogram.state.gov/

My family members were not selected. 

Edited by oscar

Good luck all that entered. I have a couple of family members that entered but weren't lucky this time round.

I haven't frequented this forum much, I've been using a different one. But I finally got selected today. The website was surprisingly easier to access than other years. My case [previously wrote “confirmation”] number is 24xxx. It will be interesting to see how DV21 will look like during the pandemic, and the new orders. Good luck to everyone else.

Edited by Delo
Typo
  • Like 4

Congratulations Delo !  its nice to hear of people winning.  

• Like 1

Thanks, Oscar! It seems like there hasn’t been much activity on this forum. Makes me wonder if people have sought out different approaches. 

16 hours ago, Delo said:

I haven't frequented this forum much, I've been using a different one. But I finally got selected today. The website was surprisingly easier to access than other years. My case [previously wrote “confirmation”] number is 24xxx. It will be interesting to see how DV21 will look like during the pandemic, and the new orders. Good luck to everyone else.

Congrats, Delo! You must be beyond excited!

It will definitely be interesting to see how the process works during the pandemic, although with a +20k number it’ll most likely be next year before you can expect an interview. Who knows what things will look like before then. At this rate we’ll probably be dealing with an alien invasion by Independence Day... 😂

• Like 1

😄 That doesn't seem so far off. "Year 2020" already sounds like the worst chapter in a modern history textbook.

Thank you, JumpingJasonFlash. I think the universe timed this perfectly for me because I'm turning 27 soon. It's like I was not meant for the Selective Service System. 😅

Yeah, at the rate things are going, I can't be certain. But given past DV bulletins, it seems like my case should go current around May. Of course I can never be sure, espicially with COVID-19.

8 hours ago, Delo said:

Thanks, Oscar! It seems like there hasn’t been much activity on this forum. Makes me wonder if people have sought out different approaches. 

another congratulations!

Re above -I think it’s partly that there just aren’t that many immigrants from SA to the US. DV selection has fallen to a couple of hundred a year, and total immigrant visas issued out of SA have been running around 800 a year.  Forums typically have a fraction of actual immigrants on them so when numbers are low to start with I guess activity gets low too. 
There are some active Facebook groups of Saffers who have already immigrated, for all of the US and by city, but they vary in how useful they are (a couple of them seem mainly advertising vehicles). I personally no longer follow any of them.

7 hours ago, JumpingJasonFlash said:

Congrats, Delo! You must be beyond excited!

It will definitely be interesting to see how the process works during the pandemic, although with a +20k number it’ll most likely be next year before you can expect an interview. Who knows what things will look like before then. At this rate we’ll probably be dealing with an alien invasion by Independence Day... 😂

I tell you, the way this year has been going I wouldn’t be surprised to switch on the news and watch Godzilla taking out the Golden Gate Bridge .

• Haha 1

23 hours ago, SJ272 said:

another congratulations!

Re above -I think it’s partly that there just aren’t that many immigrants from SA to the US. DV selection has fallen to a couple of hundred a year, and total immigrant visas issued out of SA have been running around 800 a year.  Forums typically have a fraction of actual immigrants on them so when numbers are low to start with I guess activity gets low too. 
There are some active Facebook groups of Saffers who have already immigrated, for all of the US and by city, but they vary in how useful they are (a couple of them seem mainly advertising vehicles). I personally no longer follow any of them.

Thanks SJ!

That makes a lot of sense. I haven't paid much attention to the immigration numbers lately. I'll claim ignorance on my part. Strange enough, I know at least seven people who immigrated last year. None to the US though.

We'll see how this (DV21) pans out. I know DV20 selectees in other forums are the most anxious right now. The fiscal year is drawing to a close and not much has been happening.

The latest (today) executive order pretty much puts paid to the hopes of some drawn in DV2020.  It effectively extends the ban on interviewing/granting visas to those drawn for DV2020 to 31 December, and as visas have, by law, to be issued by 30 September, those folks who were drawn and don't yet have a visa (and issuing was suspended in March already when the current number was around 31 000 for Africa) will lose out.

For those drawn for DV2021, visa issuing would normally start in October 2020, but because of the ban, can't start until at the earliest January 2021, presuming that the ban is not extended, and also presuming it is not challenged and struck down by Federal Court. 

Further to [at]Malamute's point, it's a bit worrying how this proclamation will affect people who've already submitted their DS-260 forms/were in the process of interviewing. This will likely make it more challenging to prove ties to your home country when applying for a NIV. 

It's one of the reasons I haven't bothered submitting my DS-260 until I'm certain that no further EO's will be imposed on immigration. And of course the lockdown.