Sign in to follow this  
oscar

Diversity Visa 2022 Online Registration available

DV-2022 Program: Online Registration

https://dvprogram.state.gov/

DV-2022 Program:  The online registration period for the DV-2022 Program begins on Wednesday, October 7, 2020 at 12:00 noon, Eastern Daylight Time (EDT) (GMT-4), and concludes on Tuesday, November 10, 2020 at 12:00 noon, Eastern Standard Time (EST) (GMT-5).  Individuals who submit more than one entry during the registration period will be disqualified.

Good Luck Everyone !

• Thanks 1

10 hours ago, OP1985 said:

This is my 8th attempt ! I pray I get selected ... :)

Good luck! I think the odds have improved marginally since the passport requirement.

• Like 1

11 hours ago, OP1985 said:

This is my 8th attempt ! I pray I get selected ... :)

Yes, good luck!

56 minutes ago, Delo said:

Good luck! I think the odds have improved marginally since the passport requirement.

I think they may have improved more than marginally, as I think a lot of African entries before were from “agents” entering people without their knowledge. They won’t be able to do that any more. Ghana was a big “culprit” there and entries from Ghana dropped from 1.9m for DV2020 to under 300k (!!!] for DV2021, almost certainly as a result of that. Smaller but still significant drops in some other countries. Overall African entries dropped from 8.1m to 3.1m!  The overall % of total DV entries picked from Africa will not change so that must raise the odds of those left with valid entries quite a bit vs what it would have been before, although of course the overall chance of getting picked is still very small.

• Like 2

True that! If the passport requirement was in effect during the lottery’s inception, I think we’d have more people getting selected sooner. I just wish SA’s numbers lingered around the 1000’s like before.😞 

I miss reading about people’s journeys. It added hope in this forum.

• Like 2

5 hours ago, Delo said:

True that! If the passport requirement was in effect during the lottery’s inception, I think we’d have more people getting selected sooner. I just wish SA’s numbers lingered around the 1000’s like before.😞 

I miss reading about people’s journeys. It added hope in this forum.

Agree but, you know, there was still a big % increase in SA selectees from 162 last year to 510 this year. Hopefully that will lead to a few more selectees on here! I agree, it was usually fun (though sometimes also stressful and nerve wracking!) to read about people’s journeys.

Edited by SJ272
  • Like 1