Sign in to follow this  
Cazz

Cape Town getting bad????

Maarten, my Mom and boet still live in the town I grew up in - between Bellville and Stellenbosch.....so according to you they are in the "safe" area....but the rest of the family, some friends and all the in-laws are in Table View, Milnerton, Welgelegen. Panorama areas.....means they're in the "shitty" part.... :lol: 

Ja, they are all shitty! ;)

lol...no just some of them. CJ and some of the more recent departured folks can help me out here! Welgelegen is still ok, If I remember correctly. I miss driving the back road from Durbanville to Bloubergstrand - through the winelands. Man dit was mooi! Wonder if they have similar in California...any nuts in here to confirm?

Oh come on ... you guys cant be that old ;) Im 26 ... but my husband is nearly 40 ... Does that make you feel better?!

Yes Cazz, Annelise is still in KuilsRiver. She and her hubby lives in Rouxville and are doing good for themselves. She has a 13 year old boy and a 7 year old little girl. Elmarie is 3 or 4 yrs older than Annelise.

Atlanta is nice, we went there just before we got married. Visited the Olympic Park (what do they call it - there by the CNN building) and StoneMountain. Rented a car drove to Savannah - wonderful. Also went to Hilton Head South Carolina, very nice place to vacation.

Ok, time to put the little man down for a nap!

Take care!

Chit...i am 50 in april..

haha old fogey! :D

I miss driving the back road from Durbanville to Bloubergstrand - through the winelands. Man dit was mooi! Wonder if they have similar in California...any nuts in here to confirm?

US 1 going all along the coastline is one of the most magnificent drives I have ever taken.

It goes from San Diego north, I believe as far as Canada.

I miss driving the back road from Durbanville to Bloubergstrand - through the winelands. Man dit was mooi! Wonder if they have similar in California...any nuts in here to confirm?

US 1 going all along the coastline is one of the most magnificent drives I have ever taken.

It goes from San Diego north, I believe as far as Canada.

yes the HIghway 1 scenic route through Oregon and along the Oregon coast is stunning.

Leigh....... Glad to hear that they're doing well for themselves. Not sure if she'll remember me, but tell her I say hi. Her children are about the same age as mine (12 and 9). Still amazed at how small this world really is!

Hi Cazz.

Me and my wife and 9 year old daughter are staying in SimonsTown Cape Town. We've moved down hear in Dec last year from Pretoria.

Best move we ever made.

In the time we've been staying here we had no crime related incidints. Can't say the same about Gauteng.

We feel relatively safe here. A lot of stories (bad) going around but still not as bad as our friends stories in Gauteng.

If you come, don't be stupid and walk in the streets displaying your wallet or leave bags and stuff in your car or walk or drive in unsafe places, and you'll be fine. Most incidints are because of peoples ignorance.

We are planning to move to LA next year. (not because of politics or crime) I am a Music producer/arranger and our industry is just getting worse.

Anyways, Cape Town is still BEAUTIFULL!!!!!!!!!!!!! :)

Keep Well

Harold

schenk[at]telkomsa.net

Harold, I'm also an ex-pta person. Lived there till 1997. My folks are retired in Lamberts Bay - so yes they are in a safe haven as well - which makes us children feel a lot better, as we're scattered all over the world. I go back to SA every 2 years or so - and from what I can see Pretoria has got really big and filthy expensive - especially where housing is concerned.

and from what I can see Pretoria has got really big and filthy expensive - especially where housing is concerned.

Housing has become very expensive all over South Africa and has been raised on a national/parliamentary level. The price hike is greatly due to the strenght of foreign currency with its accompanying buyers. South African property prices are real cheap to Americans & Europeans looking for such investmens.

Also, since bank lending rates ( prime rate = 11%) are at an all-time low, more people are buying than renting houses and in some areas there are a shortage of properties. In essence, the market is currently seller orientated.

Cheers